Frequently Asked Questions

Below are frequently asked questions, you may find the answer for yourself

If you don’t find the answer you seek, please feel free to call us or fill our contact request form!

How do I get my medical card?

You must be a resident of the State of Illinois and remain a resident during the participation of the program. You must have one of the qualifying conditions and have a signed physician form, verifying this condition. Once you complete the Illinois Medical Cannabis patient application, you will send all necessary documents to the IL Department of Public Health. Stop into the dispensary to receive all of the necessary forms, or print them online. You can not hold a school bus permit or CDL and not be an active duty law enforcement officer, correctional officer, correctional probation officer or firefighter.

What is Nature's Treatment's Dispensary District number?

​Nature’s Treatment is District #7.

How long does it take to receive an answer once I submit my forms?

The Illinois Department of Public Health has 30 business days to review complete applications from the date the Department receives them. The Department has 15 days after an application is approved to issue a registry identification card. (Please note that it is currently taking patients 60-90 days to receive their medical cannabis card.)

Is a veteran required to submit a written certification from their physician?

​No.  A veteran who has received treatment at a VA hospital is deemed to have a bona fide physician-patient relationship with a VA physician, if the patient has been seen for his or her debilitating condition at the VA hospital in accordance with the VA hospital protocols.

How does a veteran qualify for a patient medical card?

A qualifying patient who is a veteran and receiving medical care and treatment at a VA hospital must:

  • ​Be an Illinois resident and provide two valid items proving residency.
  • Have a qualifying debilitating medical condition.
  • Provide a copy of his or her U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs official hospital medical records requested on VA form 10-5345. If you have received care for your debilitating medical condition for more than 5 years at a VA facility, you must mark “OTHER” on VA Form 10-5345 under  “INFORMATION REQUESTED” then specify that you are requesting information about the treatment of your debilitating medical condition for the most recent 12-month period. Under “PURPOSE(S) OR NEED FOR WHICH THE INFORMATION IS TO BE USED BY INDIVIDUAL TO WHOM INFORMATION IS TO BE RELEASED” write “personal medical purposes.” Under “NAME AND ADDRESS OF ORGANIZATION, INDIVIDUAL OR TITLE OF INDIVIDUAL TO WHOM INFORMATION IS TO BE RELEASED” write your address. Once you receive your official medical records, you must submit the medical records with your application.
  • Provide a copy of his or her DD214 or equivalent certified document indicating character and dates of service.
  • Submit a non-refundable application fee with the signed Registry Identification Card Application to the Illinois Department of Public Health Division of Medical Cannabis.

My doctor won't sign for my card. Where can I find a doctor that will certify my condition?

There are clinics in the surrounding area that are helping qualified patients to get their card.  For more information on these clinics, call or stop in and speak with a Wellness Consultant.

What is a designated caregiver?

A designated caregiver is a person who is selected by a qualifying patient as the person authorized, on the qualifying patient’s behalf, to possess, obtain from a certified medical cannabis dispensary, dispense and assist in the administration of medical cannabis. Caregivers must enroll in the program. A designated caregiver is issued a medical cannabis registry identification card that allows him/her to possess up to 2.5 ounces of medical cannabis on behalf of their patient. It is not legal for caregivers to consume, by any means, medical cannabis that has been dispensed on behalf of a registered qualifying patient.

Can a caregiver have more than one patient?

​No.  A caregiver may only serve one patien

What do you do if your card is lost, stolen, or damaged?

​If a registered qualifying patient or designated caregiver becomes aware of a theft, loss or destruction of his or her registry identification card, he or she must call or email the Illinois Department of Public Health Division of Medical Cannabis immediately and then complete a change of information form and send it to the program. This must be done within 10 business days of the discovery. The fee to apply for a registry identification card replacement is $25.

Do you accept out of state medical cards?

No. The State of Illinois does not recognize out of state medical cards.

Does Insurance, Medicaid, or Medicare cover cannabis?

No.  Medical cannabis is not covered.

How do I select Nature's Treatment as my designated dispensary?

It’s simple!  Either call or e-mail us your information including full name, date of birth, phone number, address and your patient registry number, this starts with QP. We will fill out the paperwork for you and assist with sending it to the state.

Products are only available to Illinois Residents, 18 years and up with a State Issued Medical Marijuana Card. All orders must be paid in cash at pickup. Dismiss